Sunday, July 12, 2009

Annotated Bibliography

Check out the Annotated Bibliography I created for my Children's Literature class! 
Introduction: My name is Kendra Musick and I am an Elementary Education major at FGCU.  I plan on teaching 1-3 grade in the Lee County area.  Currently, right now I am a teacher's aide to a three-year old class at Evangelical Christian School and I work with the 4 and 5 year olds after school at the After-School Care program.  I hope to get a lot of book ideas for my future classroom and hope to gain more information on children's authors.  I research online some books with awards, and I also asked some co-workers at work what some of their favorite books are to read to their students to find which books I was going to read for the Annotated Bibliography.  I think it is important for students to read multicultural books at every level because it opens up their mind to various cultures.   K. Au (1998) states, "The revaluing process includes teachers' acceptance of students as cultural beings.  It also encompasses the manner in which teachers receive and extend students' literacy efforts and encourage students to interact with peers and with texts".

No comments:

Post a Comment